Nasal Vaccine Formulation and Delivery: Potential and Challenges
A presentation by MedImmune at last years Drug Delivery Partnerships. Below you can find a brief overview of the presentation, but download the complete presentation here.
- Why vaccines?
- Vaccines contain an agent resembling a disease-causing agent
- Vaccines are cost-effective for the prevention of ID
- Vaccines elicit immune responses
- Vaccination is one of the most cost-effective investments in global health
- Disease eradication
- Nasal delivery of vaccines
- Promising environment for the delivery of vaccines
- Non-mucosal versus mucosal administration route
- Addresses hurdles faced by other routes of delivery
- Most pathogens enter the body through the mucosal route
- Challenges in the nasal cavity
- Dose volume restrictions
- Mucosal clearance
- Potential enzymatic degradation
- Small anterior anatomy
- Pharmaceutical factors affecting nasal vaccine delivery
- Case study: Validating API
- Future directions
- Vaccine formulation compositions that increase residence time in the NALT
- Intranasal delivery of the vaccine might need to be synchronize with inhalation
- Using anatomically correct nasal models
To view this entire presentation, click here.
Did you like this presentation? Be sure to join us at this years Drug Delivery Partnerships taking place in Boca Raton, FL from January 28-30. Your roadmap to success starts at DDP — the only event that delivers the perfect mix of technology, insights and innovation.
Download the event brochure here.
Register before Friday December 19th and save $300 - Just use the code XP2078BLOG | Register here.